For months prior to moving, I planned the designs for our new home. Only after removing the layers of days lived before could I recognize this house as our home. Good Morning, Christmas Rose Cottage! We’ll help you to be a cozy reverie before the winter holidays visit.
The dusty & dysfunctional: curtains, carpets, plumbing, fixtures, cabinets, windows, doors, and heating system need removing, updating, and fixing.
This month’s renovations include:
- New flooring (cork underlay and FSC Certified sustainable engineered wood flooring)
- Editing the gardens to allow for Spring bulbs and new garden designs
- Updating bathrooms
- Washing Windows
- Testing Heat Efficiency
- Parging textured walls and fireplace
- Paint swatches everywhere including the exterior, patching, and painting
- Measuring for new furniture, designs to build, and lighting
- A general unpacking of our things and tidying/selling of things left behind
There is much to do and little time, but the breeze is lovely and Autumn is letting her hair down in golden leaves. More renovation inspiration to come. Happy Autumn Leaf Enjoying Days and Happy Renovating to those walking in our dusty shoes! XOXO ~Amor Milagre
New Home & Garden Renovation Design Diaries & Tips: More from this new series is coming up!
Music of the Moment: The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker”