Painting It White! The trees, the walls, the cracks between garden stones, the sky, the chimney, the windows, and the page. A world transformed over night! There are many fun things to do at the first snowfall, and here are ten ideas to try. Happy Early Holidays! XOXO ~Amor Milagre
At first snowfall this year, we’re doing these 10 things and lots more to come:
- As the seasons change, so do we. We slow down by changing mindsets from gardening outside to playing in the snow: making snow animals & angels, taking snowy strolls, and going sledding.
- The music selection changes to more cheerful holiday favourites, cozy moody winter songs, and ancient lullabies.
- The menu switches from light garden fare to sumptuous soups and stews, homemade bread, and sweet roasted vegetables such as squash, pumpkin, and potatoes.
- Journaling to process the previous season, which was quite busy, is always a good relief, source of relaxation, and goal inspiration for the season ahead. This helps to live in and enjoy the present moment.
- Attention to the other side of nature, the structures, is a fascinating study of mine, and will soon be reflected in new Winter Collections. How do the branches intersect? How does each snowflake lay softly down? Who darts up trees and perches by your window in beautifully coloured furs and feathers?
- The quiet stillness is a productive time for empaths and creatives. We can unwind and let go, thus allowing so many new positive messages and expressions to be effortlessly released.
- Decorating is so much fun for all ages. We love having Dear Ones over to decorate the tree. Little touches, simple and uncluttered, allows us to see the room and the baubles. At the first sign of snowflakes, we swiftly got out the white paper and scissors, and made our craft for the day: windows of snowflakes, each one unique.
- We adore letter writing and card sending with picture updates and newsy notes on what is happening here, in town, and with Dear Ones. Decorating the back of envelopes is fun for little artists.
- As the snow lightens the exterior, we lighten the interior with fresh paint to reflect the natural light.
- A delicious pleasure is to change out accent pillow cases, bedding, art in frames, and little dinnerware pieces to be more full of holly, velvet, and wintery warmth.
More Holiday & Seasonal Inspiration is Coming up!
A Gentle Life Collections by Amor Milagre.
Romantic Ethically Handmade Gifts for All Ages!
Music of the Moment: All The Dogs Are Lying Down, Johnny Flynn